Today marks the annual celebration of Russ’ birth as well as the first anniversary of our blog. Sometimes it still feels a little strange to share so much information about our lives on the internet, but overall it has been a lot of fun to document our adventures. Since we don’t keep a journal, or scrapbook, or even take videos of the kids (until very recently), I’m hoping Finnegan and Declan will appreciate reading these stories someday about what they were like as young
Here is a summary of our first year of blogging by the numbers. They are very small numbers since we don’t have a lot of readers – YET, but we appreciate every follower and page view that we’ve had so far. If you haven’t liked our Facebook page or signed up email updates, we would be extremely grateful if you did!
Total Views: 8,057
Highest Number of Views in a Single Day: 124
Views by Country (the details are hard to read, but you get the idea. It’s amazing how people from all over the world can land on your blog):
Most Popular Posts:
- Krabi Trip Review
- Jen’s Bucket List (it’s not a competition, but it is a fact that my bucket list is way more popular than Russ’.)
- Trip Review: Banff & Jasper National Parks
- Faster than Usain Bolt
- In the Land of Giants: Redwoods Trip Review
Least Popular Posts:
- National Aquarium: Baltimore, MD (this post has only received four views and it was written by Russ. He’s a much better writer than me so you should check it out.)
- Where the Wild Things Are: Sanibel Island, Florida (this is such a great destination with kids)
- Hotel Alternative: Family Friendly Farm Stays (I was just thinking about this post yesterday and the fact that I need to book a long weekend in Upstate NY at the Farm Sanctuary Bed & Breakfast near Watkins Glen)
- Extending the Unofficial End of Summer (there is not a lot of content in this post so I understand why it wasn’t very popular)
- Stockholm Sweden, Venice of the North
We hope that you enjoy reading our posts as much as we enjoy writing them, and will continue to follow our adventures in 2014.
And finally a birthday shout out to Russ who is going to be spending the weekend prepping for a trial while the rest of us are soaking up the sun in Turks & Caicos. At least he will be able to listen to the new Bruce album while he shovels out our driveway if we really do get 30 inches of snow this weekend. Happy birthday honey and thanks for putting up with us!